Thursday, February 13, 2014

Top 10 Remodeling Projects for Adding Value to Your Home

Exterior work on a property, from new siding to replacing windows, dominate the list of projects that offer the biggest bang for your buck. They offer the largest return because a potential home sale can be made or broken on the exterior alone, real estate agents say.
“It’s all about first impression, no question about that,” said John Kmiecik, regional vice president for the National Association of Realtors and a Chicago-area real estate agent. “When I’m sitting with my buyers in my car and we pull up to a home, if it doesn't look halfway decent, my buyers in many cases say, 'John let's take a pass on this, because I just don't like the outside.’ ”
Buyers typically assume that if the exterior of the house hasn’t been maintained, then the interior hasn’t either, Kmiecik said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/media/top-10-remodeling-projects-for-adding-value-to-your-home/

No comments:

Post a Comment